These days most of the offline business move online. Nowadays many of the peoples searching online for buying products.
Customers and businesses alike are almost always online, and you want to be able to reach them and observe their behaviour where they spend the most time.
In today’s online world, digital marketing is necessary. No matter your business or organisation size, it’s one of the best ways to grow your business.
Here are the most significantly used strategies for your small business.
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is one of the best and easiest ways to turn your business online. It is used to connect your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive more traffic on your store or website.
Facebook is the most popular or commonly used platform to drive your traffic to the next level. The main social media platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat.
Best Habits To Reach Success With Social Media Marketing
- Don’t rest on laurels – log in daily
- Search for mentions of your brand
- Sharing is caring
- Merge Passion With Social Purpose
- Connect and Collaborate
- Track, Measure and Adjust Your Efforts
Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
It involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations. Email marketing strategies commonly seek to achieve one or more of three primary objectives, to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
The term usually refers to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing a merchant’s relationship with current or previous customers, encouraging customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, and sharing third-party ads.
Best habits of successful email marketing
- You Always Use the Same Sender Name.
- You Treat Your Subject Line Too Literally.
- Your Preview Text Is Auto-Populated.
- Copy Is So Professional It’s Boring.
- Your CTA Is Literal.
- You Keep It Short and Sweet.
- You’re Focused on Content.
- You Use Personas to Make Assumptions.
Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online. It is often used by businesses in order to:
- Attract attention and generate leads
- Expand their customer base
- Generate or increase online sales
- Increase brand awareness or credibility
- Engage an online community of users
Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) primarily through paid advertising.
SEM may incorporate search engine optimization (SEO), which adjusts or rewrites website content and site architecture to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results pages to enhance pay per click (PPC) listings.
SEM Methods & metrics
- Keyword Research
- Website saturation and popularity
- Google Analytics
- Google Mobile-Friendly Website Checker
Search Engine Optimization
Using this beginner’s guide, we can follow these seven steps to successful SEO:
- Crawl convenience so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that acknowledges the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
There are a lot of strategies and channels through which you can promote your startup. But you need to understand your audience, their behaviour, and the nature of your business.